Girl Scouts-SOLSC-10/31

Girl scouts is one way I remember to give back to my community. Every two weeks we meet and work on ways we can earn patches and help others. I am a Cadette and we are working on our silver award. It takes a lot of work to earn the silver award because it is the highest award in our level. We each must volunteer for 50 hours, complete journeys-books of badges, and do other small tasks. Usually earning it takes almost the full two years per level. It takes hard work but Girl Scouts is a wonderful activity for my spare time.

4 comments

1. I was in girl scouts when I was young, but I was in a small town and we mostly met to play games and make crafts. I love that scouts now give so much back to the community. From everything I’ve seen, scouting builds wonderful human beings. Keep it up.

2. I agree, Julia! Sounds like you have quite the opportunity to give back and to learn some valuable skills through scouts. I also happen to know that there are some fantastic college scholarships available to those who go through the highest levels of scouting! 🙂