Soldiers-SOLSC-24/31

I had a girl scout meeting today where we spent some time making cards for soldiers. A different troop had done a fundraiser that we helped with to buy them cookies. Then all troops made cards to send with them. Only 3 people could make it to our meeting so I’ve been making extras for the last 2 hours! As I was coloring and pasting I thought about what it would be like to be part of a military family. Out of all the people in my family I think I would take it the worst, simply because I don’t react well to major changes. On the other hand, I think I would be proud of my family and become slightly stronger. Military families are so strong and caring. They care about their loved one that left them, even if only for a short time. I believe not only are soldiers strong but their families are strong for adapting to life without a loved one.

One comment

1. This sounds like a great experience and one that really allowed you to think about something that perhaps you wouldn’t have otherwise considered. A good friend of mine is military wife, and before her husband’s deployment I took family photos for them. We went to the armory and even took some photos with the helicopter he flies. It wasn’t until then that I really realized what a sacrifice it is for both the soldier and their families. Thanks for sharing today! 🙂