Day of music-SOLSC-28/31

Today was the day of music. It is kind of like a show case to parents of how much their children have learned in music class. Performances were filled with children from kindergarten to high school. On the side there was a craft show as well as a silent auction. Many people performed from outside our school district as well. There was a huge Irish dance troop featuring a few of my friends and a community orchestra that people from all over town can be a part of. I was in 2 performances; one for the band and one for choir. Band went well as we all played our parts maybe lacking dynamics but still good but choir was different. It was our first performance together and it was not perfect in any way. As we stepped out onto the stage confusion already shadowed us, we couldn’t find our place in the arc. Then as our music began we all seemed to lose our voice and my chest tightened so I couldn’t breath regularly. I have been on that same stage for dance and band several times and never felt this way. It was as if we all were waiting for eachother so no one went. The crowd could barely hear us and our pianist/ director was confusing us with her new notes. Almost everything that could have went wrong did. I just hope our next performance isn’t as bad as the one today.