Unimportant-SOLSC-12/31

It started with a need for directions. How to get to the dance competition of one of my mom’s students tomorrow. But it soon changed to a question.  Where does the Looking Glass river start? We used the google maps app on our phones and made it a race. Whoever found the source first won. We scrolled and scrolled, starting over every once in a while when we went too far in the wrong direction. We could have just googled it, found the answer easier. But as we saw the shape and the areas surrounding the looking glass river, we felt no need. Our night was flying by as we cuddled under a blanket, laughing evily when the other had to restart. My dad watching from across the room, laughing at this silly moment.

It may seem like such an unimportant question, and event that followed. But it forced my mom and I to have fun and allow ourselves to not care about everything. We had a reason, no matter how silly,  to avoid chores around the house for a few minutes. No work had to be done. We just observed. The houses, malls, forests, and roads all seemed like a thing of interest. This unimportant thing became the most important to me.

One comment

1. “This unimportant thing became the most important to me.” –
    love this line and this moment you chose to write about today. I love the relationship you have with your mom and hope that someday I’ll be able to have very important, unimportant moments like this too!

Thanks for sharing, Julia!