Avoid At All Costs-SOLSC-25/31

Mom and I started the day with only one plan; have fun away from stress. Unfortunately “stress” is interchangeable with “Dad and my brother”. After sleeping until noon, we finally left the house– headed for an Irish performance and the craft show in town. The performance was thoroughly enjoyed, but our expectations were far too high for the craft show to live up to. Discouraged, we made a big decision of what to do with our day

“Well, we can head home and get some work done,” my mom suggested,” but I am really not feeling it today.”

“How about Chinese?” I supplied, grasping for any more time to ourselves out of the house.

“Sounds like a plan!” She agreed, and we were off.

After stuffing ourselves to the point of exhaustion, we still didn’t want the day to end. A trip to the dollar store seemed like the perfect time-filler to drag out the stress free day. We closed our day with a quick walk through Meijer, and of course, some Culvers.

As we drove home I reflected on the simple but amazing qualities today had to offer. There is no time better spent than time with my mom.

One comment