Well, technically it’s not the 26th anymore, but I’m willing to ignore that if you will.
I told myself today I would complete my week of work for an online class, so it is a mystery how I found myself cleaning out the attic. At least I was somewhat productive. It is amazing what can be found in a storage room that hasn’t been cleaned for 8 years. Every little thing either brings back a memory or confuses me because I have no memory of it.
Here is a list of some of the most fun stuff I found:
- Over $20 between old purses and winter coats
- A weird, small wooden elephant
- A bag filled with cool marbles
- Journals from past English classes– one predicted a really special friendship
- Birthday cards from when parties with 10 friends were normal
- Pen-pal letters
- Yearbooks from elementary school– we thought we were really funny
- Approximately 12000 pairs of fuzzy socks
- A glass rose from my great grandpa’s funeral
- Some My Little Ponies and a cool carpet that went with them
- Some books from the dollar store I was convinced I would read, but most of them are missing like half the pages
- A sweatshirt I’ve been looking for since 2017
- An abundance of wooden rulers
It’s always fun to reminisce a little, especially when I can see the end of this era of my life.